The Job Code field auto-generates a unique id for a job. By default Talenture IH uses the Default Id Generator for generating a running serial number.
If your organization uses a specific format for job codes (for e.g. a running serial no. with a prefix/suffix etc.) you can create your own custom Id generator via the Administrator login and then select it from the Job Code drop list.
If your team works on Contractual as well as Permanent jobs then you can create 2 different custom job code generators to track these 2 types of jobs: one with a a prefix such as 'CONT' and the other having a prefix of 'PERM'.
You can use custom job codes for tracking specific categories of jobs via list views, filters, reports etc.
- Create a custom job code format
1. Create a custom job code format
Yes you can specify your own custom job code format. Follow these steps from a user login having administrator priviliges:
- Point to the Tools menu and select 'System Configuration'.
- In the 'System Configuration' Navigator, expand 'Recruiting Objects' and click on the 'Id Generator' data view.
- In the right-hand pane from the File menu select 'New'. The New Id Generator dialog will come up.
- Enter a name for the generator in 'Name'.
- In 'Starting Pattern' enter the prefix for the code.
- In 'No. of Digits' enter the number or digits that should be there in the code.
- In 'First Value' enter the starting number for the code.
- In 'Ending Pattern' enter the suffix for the code.
- Click 'Save' to create the id generator.
To use this custom Id Generator for generating job codes:
- In the New Job page, in Basic section, click on the 'Job Code' drop-down and select the custom Id Generator created in the previous steps.