Talenture IH’s Chrome Extension supports downloading candidate profile details (excluding the resume file) from any Job Board or Social Media site such as LinkedIn etc.
This article explains how you can use the candidate profile information downloaded from such sites and maximize their benefits.
Talenture IH sourcing tools such as the Chrome Extension allow you to download candidate profiles from Social and Job Board sites. These profiles are often incomplete in the contact information about the candidates.
However, using a multi-step approach, you can expand the candidate information on all useful candidate profiles from such sources.
1.1 Scenarios of Incomplete Profiles Getting Added
There are multiple scenarios when using varied online sources where incomplete profiles get added to Talenture IH. These include:
- Using a Regular LinkedIn Account: When you download profiles of candidates who are not in your 1st Level Linked In connections, Talenture IH’s Chrome Extension will not be able to access their email address and telephone number and these will not get downloaded.
- Contact Details Not Parsed from Custom Job Boards: In the case of some custom Job Boards configured in the Chrome Extension, when downloading from via the Chrome Extension contact information may be available but may not get parsed.
- Job Boards with ‘Free-mium’ Access: Some Job Boards may give free access but to view the full candidate profiles you may need to purchase credits. It is possible to use profiles from such Job Boards for generating complete candidate records.
1.2 Need for Information Completion
In order to utilize incomplete profiles you will need to complete the contact information. Now, either both telephone numbers and email addresses or one of these may be missing.
The process for completing this information would involve multiple steps to expand these to a full candidate record.
a. Social Sites
You can adopt the following strategies in the case of profiles sourced from Social sites such as Linked In:
- Establish Connections: Attempt to get connected to the candidates by sending a connection request via Linked In. You can use the downloaded details such as name and current employer to search out the candidates from Linked In and then get connected.
- Use Job Boards to Get More Details: Use the downloaded details as lead information to search in your currently subscribed Job Boards to locate the full resumes.
b. Custom Job Boards with Incomplete Parsing
In this case the contact information would be available on the Job Board but is not automatically parsed by the Chrome Extension.
Hence after the candidate record has been added in the database you can use the Power View facility of Talenture IH to quickly update the contact details from the actual resume into the relevant database fields.
c. Job Sites where Contact Information not Available
In the case of custom Job Boards which do not show the contact details of candidates you can adopt the following strategies to get complete information:
- Alternate Job Board Lookup: As in case of Social media profiles use the downloaded details as a starting point to search out the candidates in other Job Boards where you have access.
- Messaging and Connections via Social Sites: Leverage your social network connections in Linked In etc. to get connected to such candidates which would then give you access to their contact details.
2. Related Resources