Talenture IH includes a wide array of reports to track your recruiting process. This article explains different ways in which you can get reports, the report categories available and specific scenarios for which you can use each report category.
Talenture IH comes with 75+ built-in reports to cover every aspect of your recruiting operations. The Reports module has reports structured into the following broad categories to cover all these areas:
- Candidate Activity
- Recruiting Process
- Usage Tracking
1.1 Modes of Generating Reports
You can generate reports in 2 modes:
- Manual: To view these reports just expand the report categories under the Manual category in the Reports module and click on the desired report view. The report will be displayed in the right pane.
You can apply filters, sorting etc. on the report view as required and export it to MS Excel format using the ‘Export Displayed/Export All Items’ available in the ‘Tools’ menu.
- Automatic: Talenture IH automatically generates such reports at pre-specified times based on the work status for recruiters or the entire team. You can specify the date/time as well as type of reports that need to be generated.
These reports are generated in MS Excel format and posted to your email address as well as to the Notifications view in your Talenture IH Workbench.
a. Access to Reports
Reports can be generated both at the individual recruiter level as well as at the Team Manager level.
The following 2 categories are available in the Reports module for each level:
- My Recruiting: This shows the recruiter level reporting views
- Team Recruiting: This shows the reporting views for Team Managers
1.2 Types of Activities Covered in Reports
Talenture IH covers all types of recruiting activities in the reporting categories available in the Reports module:
a. Candidate Sourcing
This provides report views showing candidates added to Talenture IH grouped by source and candidate updations (changes) done by your team members. This includes:
- Candidate Sourcing and Updation Summary->By Source & Period: Resumes Added from various sources e.g. Job Boards, Email etc.
- Candidate Sourcing and Updation Summary->By User & Period: Break-up by each recruiter.
- Candidate Sourcing and Updation Summary->By Source, User & Period: Break-up of resume updates/validations done by each recruiter.
b. Recruiting Action Lists
This category of reports shows details of each specific action performed on candidates linked to various jobs. This includes:
- Job Processing->Candidate Actions ->Lists->All Candidate: Details of each specific action showing candidate resumes forwarded to vendors, interview rounds scheduled etc.
- Job Processing->Candidate Actions ->Summary->By Period: This provides reports views showing actions performed in a specific period.
c. Recruiting Summary
This category provides report views in summary format for the work done by your teams in Talenture IH showing summary of candidate status, Jobs, vacancies, Interview decisions, interviews etc. This includes:
- Job Processing->Candidate Status->All Candidates By Status: A detailed report of the current status of all shortlisted candidates for active jobs worked upon by your team members.
You can use this view to get a Candidate Pipeline report for your team by applying the Candidate Status filter to view all candidates in Offer stage, Joining stage etc.
- Job Processing->Candidate Actions->Summary->By Period: Reports showing actions performed in specific periods.
- Job Processing->Candidate Actions->Summary->By Job: Summary report of actions performed (shortlisting, interview scheduling, job offer etc) by your team members on candidates grouped by job.
- Job Processing->Candidate Actions->Summary->By Team: Summary report of actions performed (shortlisting, interview scheduling, job offer etc) by your team members on candidates in jobs.
- Job Processing->Candidate Actions ->Summary ->By Team: This shows a summary report of actions performed (shortlisting, interview scheduling, job offer etc) by your teams on candidates in jobs.
- Job Processing->Candidate Actions ->Summary->By Job: This view displays a summary of Status performed (shortlisting, interview scheduling, job offer etc) by your team members on candidates grouped by job.
d. Recruiting Pace
This set of reports enables you to identify the “slow spots” in your recruitment process & make corrections.
Gap Analysis for measuring service delivery gaps in your team’s work
- Team Recruiting->Manual Reports->Recruiting Analysis-> Rec. Pace ->By Period: This provides reports for performing Gap Analysis of your team’s work based on the average time taken for completing each recruitment step for e.g. candidate sourcing, screening etc.
- Team Recruiting->Manual Reports->Recruiting Analysis-> Rec. Pace ->By Team: Reports showing recruiting pace by each team you’re managing.
e. Process Gaps
This set of reports enables you to analyze process gaps within your team and overall performance on your process goals.
To track Turn Around Time (TAT) achieved by each team member in closing positions:
- Team Recruiting->Manual Reports->Recruiting Analysis-> TAT ->By Period: This provides reporting views for analyzing the Turn Around Time achieved by your team members on their assigned jobs. You can view this for actions performed in specific periods.
- Team Recruiting->Manual Reports->Recruiting Analysis-> TAT ->By Team: This provides reporting views for analyzing the Turn Around Time achieved by each team you’re managing.
To track Conversion Ratio of each recruiter in converting prospective candidates into placed candidates:
- Team Recruiting->Manual Reports->Recruiting Analysis-> Candidate Ratio->By Period: This provides report views showing conversion ratios for actions performed by your team members in specific periods.
- Team Recruiting->Manual Reports->Recruiting Analysis-> Candidate Ratio-> Candidate Ratio->By Team: Conversion ratios based on recruitment team-wise breakup of actions performed.
1.2 Deciding Which Reports to Use
Since Talenture IH offers multiple types of reports in each category described above such as summary, action-based, Job/Client-based etc. you need to pick which reports capture the lists and measurements which you use for tracking, managing and reviewing your business operations.
Following are some guidelines:
a. Action List Reports & Summary by Status, Job, Team
These types of reports are suitable for use by most recruiting leads and managers in Internal Hiring scenarios as they will need to use the Action and Candidate lists to keep track of key actions related to work on jobs and sourcing.
b. Analysis of Business Trends
You can use the reports available under the Summary by Recruitment Team & Role User, By Period to analyse trends such as:
- Types of positions worked upon and number of vacancies filled over a period of time such as a quarter, year etc.
1.3 Automatic Reports
Recruiting leads and managers should setup their automatic reports in order to get their reports on time. Generally team members in these roles will need fixed reports to be sent to them by their team members to monitor progress, identify problem areas and prioritize activities.
Some examples of such reports that can be configured via Automatic Reports are:
- Daily and Weekly trackers: Managers can set up automatic recurring reports for End-of-Day, End-of-Week, Week Planning reports such as:
- End of Day report scheduled every day at 6.30 PM showing resumes forwarded to clients for all positions by team.
- Beginning of Week Report every Monday at 10 AM on Jobs for team due for completion in coming week.
- Common Summary Reports: Managers can obtain commonly required summary reports such as:
- Candidates who are pending availability check by the team for last 10 days.
- Position offer not made after candidates have cleared all interviews for last ‘n’ days.
1.4 Exporting to XLS and Charting Reports
In case you need reports in graphical format such as Pie, Bar, Graph etc. you can easily covert the MS Excel reports generated from Talenture IH using the Charting feature in spreadsheet software such as OpenOffice, MS Excel etc.
Common scenarios where you may need graphical format reports include:
- Client presentations to be done showing high level process points
- For regular business analysis, seeing changing trends, doing forecasting etc.
Excel’s charting wizard makes converting any report generated from Talenture IH a matter of just a few clicks which can be done by users at any level.
Please refer to the short video tutorial (link in Related Resources section below) to learn how to easily convert Talenture IH reports into graphical reports in MS Excel.
2. Related Resources