Talenture IH allows setting time zone information both at the overall database level as well as for each individual user.
This article explains the implications of the time zone setting in both these places on using various features in Talenture IH. Defining the time zone at the database level and for each individual user enables organizations more flexibility in managing geographically dispersed teams where users may be working remotely from different time zones.
However when you define different time zones for the database and for individual users you need to be aware of the effects of such a configuration in the usage and management of Talenture IH features within your team.
1.1 Database Time Zone
When creating a new user, Talenture IH sets the default time zone to be the same as the database time zone. You can change this to any other time zone for the user.
Talenture IH uses the database time zone for specifying the date/time for all internal activities.
- Automatic Scheduled Mass Mail generation/sending time
- System email account cleanup schedule
- On-demand Data backup/export process
1.2 User Time Zone
Talenture IH uses the time zone set at the user level for all activity done by the logged-on user.
- Actions performed by a user are recorded as per the logged-on user's time zone
- Pending task date/time and notifications are generated as per the logged-on user's time zone
- All Reminder Notifications are displayed with regard to the logged-on user's time zone
- All date-time values displayed in data views for a user such as Audit & Support, Job requirement start date, log entries, new item creation such as new note, candidates etc. are in the logged-on user's time zone
a. Multiple User Time Zone Scenarios
In scenarios where 2 users are in different time zones, Talenture IH will show the same activity as per the time zone of each user.
Lets assume User-1 has set his/her time zone as “Eastern Time (USA)” and User 2 has set his/her time zone as “Pacific Time (USA)”.
Now when User-1 performs some activity (e.g. updating recruiting status, adding a candidate to the database etc.), when it is shown to User-2, it is displayed with respect to the date-time in the time zone of User-2.
b. Exception to the Above
Using the scenario of the above 2 users and time zones in Talenture Internal Hiring version, lets say User-1 schedules an Interview Round for User-2.
In this case, User-1 will be scheduling the interview round as per the time zone of User-2. Hence the round time displayed to User-2 will as per his/her own time zone.
2. Related Resources