Resume import refers to the process of parsing and adding resume content from common sources into the Talenture IH database.
- Zero-manual entry of resume data leads to huge time-saving.
- No misses in capturing details of important candidates, auto parsing pulls key details. Power View can be used to quickly validate and add more/missing details via drag-drop.
- Candidate details stored in a structured format enabling fast and easy retrieval for the entire team.
You can source resumes from multiple sources and add them to Talenture IH database:
- Resumes on hard disk folders: Quick Import option in Talenture IH enables you to easily import resumes stored in Windows folders into Talenture IH.
- Resumes in Email: Talenture IH Outlook Connector automatically transfers resumes received in email (response to Job postings, direct from candidates etc.) to Talenture IH.
- Resumes from Job Portals: Talenture IH Portal Connect enables transferring resumes from Job Portals such as Naukri.com, Monster.com etc. directly to Talenture IH.
Candidate Profiles from Social Networks: Directly download candidate profiles from sites like LinkedIn & Facebook.
1. Add resumes to Talenture IH from Desktop
2. Track resume processing on imported files
- Point to Tools Mega menu select 'Import resumes from desktop'
- In the page that comes up use the 'Choose File' buttons to select the resume files to import by browsing to the folders.
- Specify additional options if required for setting the source, assigning functional classification etc.
In the 'Saving Options' section you can specify the following options (if required),
- 'Add Candidates to': Select whether you want the candidates to be added ti the Public Candidate Pool visible to all users of Talenture IH or to the Private Candidate Pool which would make the candidates visible only to you.
- In the 'When newly created Candidate is Duplicate of an Existing Candidate' drop-down you can select 1 of the following automatic duplicacy resolution options:
- Smart Merge New with Existing: Auto-detect updated candidate details in parsed resumes and decide whether to merge these with existing candidate records, replace the existing resume file or skip the incoming resume.
- Overwrite Existing Candidate: Always replace the existing candidate resume with the incoming resume.
- Skip New Candidate: Always skip the incoming resumes that are duplicates of existing resumes.
- Do Not Resolve Duplicacy: Do not perform any action when duplicate candidates are detected.
In the 'Advanced Options' section you can specify the following options (if required),
- Tick the check-box 'Do not perform the operation in background, and return after all the resumes have been processed', if you do not want Talenture IH to process the resume import in the background and instead wait for the process to complete before continuing to other tasks.
- Tick the 'Generate "Updated Resume Request" mails for resumes added' check-box if you want Talenture IH to generate automatic mails to candidates whose resumes are transferred successfully requesting for their updated resumes.
- Tick the 'Generate "Thank You" mails for resumes added' check-box if you want Talenture IH to generate automatic 'Thank you' mails to candidates whose resumes are transferred successfully.
If you enable this check-box, the related option 'Send generated mails automatically' will also be available. Tick this to automatically send the generated 'Thank you' mails.
If this option is not enabled, the messages will be generated and saved in the 'Drafts' folder in the Communications module. You can then launch the Communication module, open and send each generated mail from the Drafts folder.
- Click the 'Import Resumes' button to start the import process.
2. Track resume processing on imported files
You can track of the status of files which have been processed for resume content using the Resume Data Files tree of folders in the Files module. This folder includes the following sub-folders:
- Candidate Created: All files from which candidates got created successfully are moved to this folder.
- Candidate Not Created: Files in which resume content was not detected are moved to this folder.
- Problem Files: Files on which resume processing encountered errors/failures are moved into this folder.
- Unprocessed Files: Files on which resume processing was skipped are moved into this folder.
When files are processed for resume parsing, they get redirected to one of these folders depending on the outcome of their parsing process.
2. Related Resources