Many organizations have a process wherein approval needs to be obtained before starting work on a new job requirement. Talenture IH provides the Approval facility for automating this.
For example in a staffing company scenario the Line Manager or the Head may be the person authorized to approve work on requirements generated in the organisation.
In a Corporate recruiting scenario, a Line Manager or Department Head would the approving authority before the recruiting team can be assigned to work on a position.
Note that you can control via user permissions in the administrative login whether a specific user is authorized to assign Jobs with or without approval.
You can use the Approval workflow in Talenture IH as follows:
- When creating a Job, use Approval tab for putting in the details of the approval request for e.g. why the job needs to be approved etc.
- Assign to the concerned person(s) using the ‘Approver 1’ field in the Roles tab.
- Track the pending approvals and perform approvals using the Workbench views available for this.
Talenture IH provides dedicated views in the Workbench for easily tracking & managing the approval process. Use the data views under Actionables -> Job Views data folder in the Workbench for viewing Jobs pending approval, on which Approval is to be performed etc.
- Enable job approvals
- Submit a job for approval
- Perform approval on a job
1. Enable job approvals
In order to use the Job approval process you need to enable the job approval feature in the system via the Administrator login. Follow these steps to do this:
- Login as Administrator user, point to 'Tools' and select 'System Configuration'.
- In the 'System Configuration' page, expand System Settings and select Application Configuration.
- In the right pane click on the 'Power Options' link.
- In the setting categories click on the 'Recruitment' tab and tick the checkbox next to 'Enable Job approvals' and click the 'Save' button.
2. Submit a job for approval
- Point to the New menu option and click on Job.
- Dialog for selecting the Recruitment Workflow will come up. Select the desired workflow.
- Click OK - the New Job page will come up.
Specify the following in the Basic section:
- Enter the position name in 'Position' field (this is a compulsory field).
- Specify any other optional details such as Designation, Job location, Priority, Deadline etc.
In the optional Requirement section, you can specify any of the following detailed Job Description (JD) information:
- Qualifications required for the job
- Experience level required
- Skills required
- CTC range
- Job Responsibilities
In the Approval section enter an approval request e.g. details regarding why the job needs to be approved and any inputs regarding the job that would be required for approval.
In the optional Additional Fields section you can specify any other additional details regarding the job.
3. Perform approval on a job
- In main Workbench, expand 'Actionables' data folder and under the 'Job Views' category, click on 'Approvals by Me'.
- List of jobs awaiting your approval will be displayed in the right-top list pane.
To perform approval:
- Click on a job name - after reviewing the details, select 'Approve' or 'Reject' from the Actions menu.