- When you try to transfer resumes from the desktop or from email (via Outlook Addin, ResumeInbox etc.) the resumes do not get parsed.
Talenture IH Wx and higher.
Operating System Platform
All supported OS platforms.
Possible Causes & Solutions
- Cause 1- File Format/Content Related Causes:
The resume import may fail due to any of the following format/content related reasons:
- The resume file size is too small. For e.g. a half or single page resume.
- The resume file size is too big. For e.g. a resume having 10 pages.
In the case of email forwarded to ResumeInbox, attachments having a size of more than 300 KB are skipped by Talenture IH.
- There are too many special characters in the content leading to "misunderstanding" of the content, or the file is corrupted.
- The minimal keyword set required by Talenture IH for the file to be detected as a resume is not found.
Solution: Follow the applicable workarounds suggested in this article: Adding Resumes not Getting Parsed by Talenture IH.
- Cause 2- File Protection Related:
The resume file is password protected due to which Talenture IH is unable to access the file content.
Solution: Request the candidate to re-send the resume file after removing the password protection.
Note: You can check the log entries in the following Log folder in the Talenture IH Workbench to know the exact cause of the import failure:
My Recruiting->Logs->Diagnostic Logs->Talenture IH User Level Activity
The log entries will have the file name and also the exact cause of resume transfer failure. You can then follow the workaround suggested in the help article above depending on the reason of failure.
Resume files which do have resume content in them may sometimes fail to get imported into Talenture IH due to issues such as file size, special characters in the content, corruption in the file, password-protection etc.
You then need to perform the actions listed in the Causes & Solutions section above to fix the problem.