Talenture IH provides the ‘Added Candidates’ view to enable quick access to the most recently added candidates in the database.
This article explains important aspects of this view to enable you to effectively use it for accessing relevant candidates.
The Added Candidates view provides a consolidated view of all candidates being added to Talenture IH from different sources i.e. desktop, Job Boards, email etc.
1.1 Type of Candidate Operations Displayed
The Added view is a virtual list – it does not by default display the total number of unique candidates in the database.
- It displays the number of times a candidate was attempted to be added to Talenture IH.
- Each row in the Added list represents an attempt to add a candidate to the database.
- As Talenture IH applies a duplicate resolution process to each new addition, the row that is shown in the list may represent any of the following:
- A ‘Skipped’ candidate – a candidate that was an exact copy of an existing candidate and was therefore not added to the database.
- A ‘Merged’ candidate – a candidate for whom an updated version of the existing resume was received and merged in the database.
- A ‘New’ candidate – a candidate that did not exist earlier in Talenture IH and was added as new candidate to the database.
Now, keeping the above in mind, there can be multiple rows for the same candidate as Talenture IH shows a row for each attempt to add a candidate.
Note that Talenture IH shows multiple rows for a candidate only to convey to the user the result of the duplicacy check done on that candidate and this does not imply that multiple copies of the candidate exist in the database.
a. Duplicate Status Icons
Each of the above duplicacy statuses is indicated in the ‘Added/Refreshed’ list by a distinct icon displayed next to the candidate name as shown below.
Candidate added as new
Candidate merged with existing candidate record
Duplicate copy of existing candidate that got skipped (not added to database)
To illustrate the above let’s take an example scenario:
- The resume of a candidate ‘Ajay Prasad’ is imported into Talenture IH via the ‘Import from Desktop’ option. The candidate gets added to the database as it did not exist in Talenture IH before.
- The resume of the same candidate is received the next day via email and resume transfer from email attempts to add it to Talenture IH. However the automatic duplicacy check process detects it as a duplicate copy and marks it as a ‘Skipped’ candidate.
- A recruiter screens the candidate and requests the candidate to send an updated copy of his resume. When the candidate sends the updated resume with additional details, Talenture IH’s duplicacy check process detects it as an updated resume and merges it with the existing candidate in the database.
In the above scenario there would be 3 entries of the same candidate in the ‘Added’ view:
- The first one with a ‘New’ icon when the candidate was first added as a new candidate.
- The second entry with a ‘Skipped’ icon when the exact copy of the resume was received in email.
- The third entry with a ‘Merged’ icon when the candidate sends his updated resume.
This is shown in the screenshot below:
1.2 Filters to View Candidates Based on Duplicacy Status
You can use the Meta filters provided in the ‘Added/Refreshed ‘view to filter the list on the basis of the Duplicacy status. So this will allow you to view candidates that have been merged, added as new, skipped etc.
To apply the meta filter on the duplicate check status of candidates use the ‘Candidates to Display’ dropdown available in the top-pane of the ‘Added/Refreshed’ view as shown below:
Select the values as follows to view candidates in the relevant status:
- Viewing Total Unique Candidates in the Database: Select ‘Newly Added Candidates’ and make sure no period is selected in the ‘Added On’ column filter.
- Viewing Merged Candidates in the Database: Select ‘Merged Duplicates’.
- Viewing Skipped Candidates in the Database: Select ‘Skipped Duplicates’
- Viewing Consolidated List of Merged & Skipped Candidates in the Database: Select ‘Refreshed Candidates’
2. Related Resources