Talenture supports Job Approvals in both its products, Talenture IH as well as Talenture RS.
This article explains important aspects of the approval feature, usage scenarios and how to maximize its benefits.
1. Job Approvals in Internal Hiring Process
In a Corporate recruiting scenario, a Line Manager or Department Head would the approving authority before the recruiting team can be assigned to work on a position.
In the corporate case, approval is typically mandatory to ensure adherence to specific criteria including:
- Organizational policies
- Budgets laid down for specific types of positions
- Government Regulatory requirements (if any)
Again in this case also the approval request and reply are important.
- Request: This contains information related to all elements of the position required for getting approval such as establishing the manpower need, budget for the same etc.
Apart from this the approval is also based on the requirements for the position such as qualifications, experience level etc. being clearly specified.
- Reply: This is the response from the person performing approval. It contains guidelines, rules etc. to be followed for approved positions and in case of rejection it would contain supporting information as to reasons for this with additional information for revising the request and re-submittal etc.
In case a position is approved it can be assigned to the recruitment team to be worked upon. If it is rejected then based on the reasons for rejection, it may be still be re-submitted for approval after suitable modifications or not further worked upon.
1.3 Implementation in Talneture
Talneture enables implementing a full approval process for both placement and internal hiring scenarios via the following features:
- System option for enabling mandatory Approval process for Jobs
- Permission to users to act as Approvers
- System option to control whether a Job gets directly assigned to a recruiter after approval is done or it goes to the user who sent the position for approval.
a. Approval Workflow in Talenture IH
The approval workflow in Talenture is as follows:
- When creating a Job, use the Approval tab for putting in the details of the approval request.
- Assign to the concerned person(s) using the ‘Approver’ field in the Roles tab.
- The Approver gets a notification via email and in Talenture IH for the Job to be approved.
- The Approver can use the My Recruiting->Jobs ->Approval Requests Received view to see the Job details and perform approval action. He/she can use the Approval tab for putting in the response details.
- Requester then gets a notification when approval has been performed and can view the approved Job in his/her Workbench in the My Recruiting->Jobs->Approval Requests Sent view and take further action.
- If the Job is approved then the user can assign the Job to the recruitment team for processing. In case it has been rejected then the user can use the ‘Redesign’ option to make suggested modifications and re-submit the Job for approval.
b. Views for Tracking Approvals
Talenture IH provides dedicated views in the Workbench for easily tracking & managing the approval process. These are available under the My Recruiting ->Jobs data folder in the Workbench for viewing Jobs pending approval, on which Approval is to be performed etc.
- Approvals By Me: This view shows all Jobs which are to be or have been approved by the logged on user for other users.
- Approvals From Others: This view shows all Jobs which are to be or have been approved by other users for the logged on user.
2. Related Resources