Transfer Work option allows you to transfer the work of a user to another team member. For example when a team member leaves the organization all of the active jobs they were working on can be transferred to another team member.
Easy to do, benefits: business continuity, no loss of time
Share work on a job with other users
You can use the work sharing functionality to share work roles on on-going Jobs via the ‘Share Work’ option. This enables collaboration within the team for e.g. when working on critical positions while empowering easy sharing of resources.
- Share work on a job with other users
- Transfer work on a job to other users
1. Share work on a job with other users
- In the main workbench under the Team Management category, expand the Jobs data folder and click on the Active data view.
- Tick the job(s) you want to share with other team members from the top pane.
- Point to the 'Actions' menu and select 'Share Work'. The 'Share Work' dialog will come up.
- In 'Share work of' select the user whose work on the job you want to share
- In the 'Share work with' drop-down select the user with whom you want to share the work.
- Click OK.
2. Transfer work on a job to other users
Follow these steps via a user login having administrative privileges to transfer the work of a user to another team member:
- Point to the Tools menu and select 'System Configuration'.
- In the System Configuration Navigator, expand 'User Management' and click on the 'Users' data view.
- In the right-hand pane tick next to the user whose work you want to transfer and from the Actions menu select 'Transfer Work'.
- In the Transfer Work dialog select the team member to whom you want to transfer the work from the 'Transfer work to' drop-down and click on the 'Save' button.